Monday, January 3, 2011

Big Bro



Where do I even begin? :)

Let me just get straight to the point, for those of you that hate to READ FOREVER when you just want to know what's going on...

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY HEAD #2 ON JULY 22ND!

The story . . .

As many of you know, Nate and I spent about 4 years "trying" to get pregnant when we moved here to Kentucky. No doctors could ever explain to us why we weren't able to get pregnant... it just wasn't happening. So.... after much prayer and conversation, Nate and I began the adoption process, which has been the GREATEST JOY OF OUR LIVES SO FAR (minus the part of our lives where we came to know Jesus... but you get my point). Jordan is such a gift from God in so many ways.... maybe just go back to the beginning of my blog and read it all the way through. God's hand is ALL OVER our "Journey to Jordan." We are so in love! :) So blessed!

So . . . adoption journey #2 was about to begin. We had actually already contacted the agency to let them know we would be starting the process again at the end of November, when my graduate school class would be wrapping up. We were SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Heee... heee.... this is where our plans are replaced by God's most amazing, gigantic, holy, divine plans....

Right before Thanksgiving (mind you, about a week before I was getting ready to ask our agency to send us an application for adoption #2) I started feeling really funny. (I won't give any more details... many of you understand that alone.) So, Nate finally helped me find enough courage to take a pregnancy test the day before Thanksgiving . . . while we were in Missouri visiting our family.

Long story short.... Baby Head #2 will be growing in my tummy, not in Ethiopia. Which means . . . Baby Head #3 (and maybe 4, 5, and 6 . . . who knows???) will be growing in Ethiopia . . . . at exactly the right time in God's great story. Woohoo!!! Can't wait to see the rest of this story! All I know is that I'm totally pumped (and relieved) that my loving Father in heaven is the AUTHOR of our family and how it will grow and bring him the most glory.

Wow. That was a whole lot to write down in one setting. So many emotions. So many God-sized goosebumps. So many huge smiles.

Thanks for listening and praying with us! We understand that pregnancy, like adoption, is filled with a whole lot of twists and turns... so, we continue to put our HOPE in Jesus alone, not in anything/anyone else. HE IS TRUSTWORTHY. :)

So, here goes journey #2 . . . .


16 comments:

Karen said...

We are SO excited for you guys - for the entire, crazy, twisting, turning journey you are on!!

Love you all - Baby Head #1, #2, #3 and beyond. :)

Aimee said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful story!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! So happy for you guys.

Brei said...

oh my WORD, SO excited!!!!!

Unknown said...

I get so excited everytime I see a new picture of Jordan. It brings back many memories of our 7 foster and adopted children. The journey has many surprises so I will be praying. Love from Missouri. Jerry & Sally

kitzkazventure said...

Awww, Steph that is the most exciting post Christmaa news I have gotten "this year" :) So So thrilled for you, Nate, and Jordan. God is so Good! Nick and Pat are 22nd babies so it is a great day (if it actually occurs that way!)
ps. we followed all of the tornadic activity into STL....crazy day...be glad you left on Wed! :)

Amber said...

Steph----You are such a testament to me. A praying, patient,faithful woman of God. I am so blessed to know you & so EXCITED you get to experience this side of mommy hood too. You are already an amazing mom, but I am so glad go has answered your prayers and given you a baby in your tummy.

Amber said...

oops so glad "GOD" has answered your prayers. :)

Leah said...

Definitely God sized goose bumps! Wow! Overflowing with joy for you, Nate,Jordan and the rest of the fam too!

David and Vicki said...

We are SO EXCITED and jumping with joy for all of you. I talked with your mom today and had our wonderful laughs of excitment! We are praying for a safe and heathly deliver! Our love to you all! David and Vicki Earhart

Keri said...

Stefany, this is such amazing, wonderful news! Congratulations!!!!

Amy Hunt said...

Tears of joy! I'm due June 11th. I'm praying, praying, praying! I can't imagine how elated you are. It's funny that I saw you in the parking lot at CCO that Sunday, too! Congrats!

Becky said...

oh wow, congratulations!

Tina said...

Congrats and many more blessings to you!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing! Incredible! So happy for you all.

Schlafers said...

Congratulations!! Emmi told me yesterday at work. I am so excited for you guys.